Global Etp flows reach first half record due to japan and eafe equity as well as a U.S. rebound….
Marchioni Ursula – Head of ETP Research EMEA at iShares
– Global ETP flows of $20.8bn in June pushed year-to-date asset gathering to a new high despite Q2 flows of $49.1bn equalling just half the Q1 total
– Aided by a market friendly Fed announcement, U.S. equities led all categories for the first time since December, bringing in $9.8bn driven by small- and mid-cap funds
– Japan equity was strong contributing $5.7bn and EAFE equity also maintained momentum with $5.3bn
– Pan-European flows were modest for a second month in a row relative to Q1 at $3.2bn as investors wait for a resolution to Greece’s negotiations with its creditors
– Currency-hedged equity funds brought in $3.3bn, but eased for a third month after peaking in March when the U.S. dollar stopped rallying