Lyxor ETF Money Monitor: A record H1: European ETFs gathered 92.5 bn in H1 2021. Inflows over the semester were well ahead compared to previous years.
Vincent Denoiseux, Head of ETF Research and Solutions at Lyxor Asset Management
– Equity ETFs recorded positive flows (€12.1bn) in June for the 13th month in a row. Flows were spread out across regions – a sign of general optimism among investors.
– ETF flows: ETFs gathered €14.3bn in June 2021. Equity and Fixed Income accumulated €12.1bn and €2.1bn respectively.
– ESG ETFs continued their positive trend and gathered €4.6 bn net new assets. Whilst the momentum remains solid, flows into ESG exposure are somewhat lighter compared to Q1.
– Smart Beta ETFs gathered €1.8bn. Value kept investors’ preference.
– Fixed Income funds and ETFs gathered a combined €22.0bn in net new assets. Open-end funds recorded €19.8bn inflows and €2.1bn went into ETFs.
– Equity fund and ETFs enjoyed €35.6bn of net new assets. Open-end funds gathered two-thirds of total inflows (€23.5bn) while €12.1bn went into ETFs.